Getting a job is a struggle that has not become easier in recent years. Currently, every opportunity for work is fought for with education and experience. Every job has to be earned. However, rising out of this difficulty is a wave of entrepreneurial spirit. Americans are starting to see the beauty of working for themselves and doing the jobs that they love, not the scraps that society has left. These individuals are putting their intelligence and their recently acquired education to good use, and they are starting their own businesses. Just the idea sounds intimidating and maybe just downright scary. Venturing off by yourself or even with a friend as your business partner may be something that you never considered doing, either because of the inherent risks of this decision or the simple fact that such a choice is far from ordinary to your family and you. But if you take a few moments to think about it, about the prospect of starting your own business, you may find that it is the perfect path for you. And to help you come to this conclusion, take a look at the following list for five solid reasons why starting a business is something you should seriously consider.
- Starting a business can get you tax benefits: One of the worst things about working for an employer is that a scary percentage of your paycheck never even makes its way into your hands. It goes straight to taxes. Well, if you were to start your own business, you would be able to write off a wide variety of expenses, such as travel bills, phone bills and even food. Additionally, an accountant will be able to help you find out whether or not your business qualifies for government incentives. Either way, you will be saving a great deal of money.
- Starting your own business gives you more job security: One of the first things you are told when you enter the workforce as a new graduate is how expendable you may be. They don’t tell you this in college, of course, because universities think you’ll enjoy the surprise? In any case, if you were to start your own company – you would be the boss. So there’s no need to worry about being laid off. You can just focus on the business aspect of things.
- Starting your own business helps creates jobs: You hear government officials talk about this all the time, how they want to create jobs for Americans. Well, you can start this trend yourself by hiring workers. And regardless of whether you’re working in marketing, production or what have you, chances are you’ll need some help.
- Starting your own business means more “you” time: While this may not be the case at first, since you will be working hard to get your startup up and running, once your business becomes a well-oiled machine, you can sit back – if you so desire – and work on your own time. (Maybe even take that Europe trip you’ve been talking about.)
- Starting your own business can (potentially) change the whole world: While this reason may seem a bit lofty, there is no reason to think that it is not possible. If you have a game-changing idea that you believe is worth starting a business for, it may just take off and become exactly what you dreamed it could be. And after that, as they say in so many movies, “The world will never be the same.”